Friday, April 23, 2010

Pull Up Your Skirt

On Thursday, April 22, 2010, I was watching the Yankees game on my laptop (shout out to MLB.TV) and it was just a weird game to watch. How weird was it?

1) The Yankees-A's game lasted a brisk 2 hours and 7 minutes. If you've heard the comments from that fat fuck umpire Joe West...a 2:07 Yankee game is like seeing Mo'Nique with shaved legs....it just doesn't happen.
2) Alex Rodriguez turned the first triple play by the Yankees since 1968. I guess money can't buy everything...
3) Kurt Suzuki now has 5 hits off CC. 3 of which are HRs. He also has no more than 1 HR off any other pitcher. Wtf, mate?

However, the most memorable part of the game occurred between Alex Rodriguez and some bitch motherfucker named Dallas Braden.

Via Chad Jennings from LoHud:


In a very bizarre game, perhaps the most bizarre moment came in the sixth inning when Alex Rodriguez got into a shouting match with Oakland starter Dallas Braden.
“He just told me to get off his mound,” Rodriguez said. “I was a little surprised. I’d never quite heard that. Especially from a guy that has a handful of wins in his career.”
The whole thing started when Rodriguez went from first to third on a foul ball by Robinson Cano. On his way back to first, Rodriguez ran across the pitcher’s mound, which Braden saw as a sign of disrespect.
“I don’t care if I’m Cy Young or the 25th man on the roster, if I’ve got the ball in my hand and I’m on that mound, that’s my mound,” Braden said. “… He ran across the pitcher’s mound foot on my rubber. No, not happening. We’re not the door mat anymore.”
Rodriguez said he had never heard the unwritten rule that a player shouldn’t run across the mound. When Braden started yelling at him, Rodriguez didn’t know what it was about. “I thought it was pretty funny, actually,” Rodriguez said.
Braden, though, went out of his way to call out Rodriguez. He spoke very kindly of the Yankees organization, but took great exception to Rodriguez.
“He should maybe watch his Captain a little more often,” Braden said.

Yo Dallas Braden, shut the fuck up. If I were Alex Rodriguez, I would have punched him in the throat. That or steal his medical marijuana identification card and give it to me.

I remember watching this on my laptop and going, "wtf just happened? is A-Rod being a dick again?" But then YES Network went through a series of replays of the incident and I was utterly flabbergasted. Since when did Dallas Braden claim sovereignty for the mound? Did he fight CC Sabathia in an epic battle for the ages for sand ownership? Did he ask Al Davis to help subsidize this acquisition? Do opposing teams pay a tariff in order to play against this guy?

So to Mr. Braden... this is how the city of New York feels about you:


---

Just a couple things, this is going to be 1 of 2 blogs I plan on being an active contributor for. This is my personal blog, so anything is fair game. The other blog is going to be primarily focused on sports, New York sports. Mostly because we all know the rest of the country doesn't matter. =)

Also, I just updated my website (thomastu.com). I plan on updating my website in a consistent manner as well. Be sure to check it out and leave comments. Leave comments on this too. Let me know what y'all think. Deuces.

0 comments:

Post a Comment