Monday, July 19, 2010

Hip-Hop Linkaround

During my high school days, I built a fairly solid reputation for discovering remixes to top singles and finding up and coming artists before they became over-saturated media commodities.

With that said, I have fallen off dramatically in my musical crate-digging. With that as my preface and disclaimer, I would like to say that I find Slaughterhouse and Dipset's music to suit my tastes wonderfully (pause).

As far as Slaughterhouse goes, you can't find a better squad of lyricists alive. I'm talkin about a collection of lyrically gifted artists on par with the likes of The Firm and The Commission. For a better idea of what I'm talkin about, please turn your attention to the great guys over at YouTube for allowing me to embed these videos.

Joe Budden

Joell Ortiz


With Dipset, you had a group of artists that weren't gifted with adroit lyricism, but had something that allowed them to reach a wider audience: One of the best ears in the industry. I rarely hear a single that has poor production values or any of their fringe singles with less than stellar beats. I was in high school when Dipset truly was a movement. But all of that changed when Cam went on vacation and Jim Jones was wild'n out.

One of my favorite Dipset tracks (Shoutout to the 5th Floor for puttin me on. If you didn't go to Stuy, you wouldn't know):

There's a video for this song, but it sucks. If Dipset reads this, I'm just kidding guys. =)


To end this quick entry, I will not link you guys to one of my favorite Hip-Hop videos of all time. Enjoy.

It was the end of a Empire!

0 comments:

Post a Comment